MatchTrial® is the first free mobile solution for cancer patients that offers information about all active clinical trials on cancer in Spain. With our technology, we make more than 800 cancer clinical trials available to patients and physicians quickly and easily. Our goal is to accelerate patient enrollment in clinical trials, so science can continue to advance.
A meeting point between science and people.
What are the purposes of MatchTrial®?
Well, for a lot of reasons:
- We believe in clinical research and the value it brings to keep making advances and developing new treatments and medicines that help fight cancer and improve people’s well-being.
- We want to scientific knowledge to be shared. It’s the only way science can advance.
- We want patients to be part of the processing of choosing a treatment that will help them overcoming their disease and take part in the decision-making process.
- We noticed that there is a need for a tool that gives the whole medical community access to alternative ways of treatments for their patients, and helps them to be much more efficient and effective in finding clinical trials that matches with a specific diagnosis.
- 80% of clinical trials are delayed or cancelled due to lack of patients.¹ We want to become an ally for those sponsors who are generating brilliant ideas to improve our quality of life.
- The world has changed, and technology allows us to make scientific knowledge more accessible.
¹El Factor T, el paciente activo lo cambia todo en salud. Second symposium ‘Creer y crear futuro’. Spanish Society of Hospital Pharmacy (SEFH) in collaboration with Bayer, 2019.
The only way forward in science is by sharing knowledge
Who we are
MatchTrial® is a product of Science4Tech whose ambition is to contribute to scientific research enabling smart digital solutions to accelerate the drug-development journey. We have a multidisciplinary professional team to achieve the challenge of introducing technological transformation in medical research.
Jordi Guitart, PhD
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Blanca Sabater, MSc
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Cris Masferrer, MPharm
Chief Business Officer (CBO)
Cristina Fernandez, PhD
Chief Product & Innovation Officer (CP & IO)
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Gynaecologist sex therapist in Owings
Medical oncologist specializing in breast cancer
Oncological physiotherapist, specialised in oncological functional recovery
Pharmacist specialising in hospital pharmacy in the field of onco-haematology
Pharmacist specialising in clinical pharmacy at hospital level
PhD in Psychology from Ramon Llull University; with a Master's degree in Psychotherapy and Neuropsychology
Dietician and nutritionist specialising in oncology
Psychologist with a Master's degree in Clinical Psychology and a Master's degree in Updating Psychological Intervention and Mental Health
Associate Pneumologist at the Pneumology Department of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau. Teacher and researcher at the Multidisciplinary Sleep Disorders Unit (UMTS) and at the Pulmonary Function Unit
She graduated in Medicine from the University of Navarra and completed her specialisation in medical oncology at the Puerta de Hierro University Hospital in Madrid. She currently works as a medical oncologist at the Txagorritxu Hospital in Vitoria-Gasteiz, within the public health system of the Basque Country.
Psychologist with a clinical degree and a master's degree in forensic and criminal psychology. Currently studying for a master's degree in general health psychology. She works in the private sector treating children with emotional, behavioural or learning problems. She also works in the public sector with women victims of gender violence.
Juan Miguel Serra
Graduate in Chemistry with a Master's degree in Clinical Trials. Currently working as Clinical Research Associate. Specialised in Clinical Trials in Haematology, Multiple Sclerosis and Ophthalmology. Previously coordinator of Oncohaematology clinical trials. Collaborator in the project (Dis)coordinating a clinical trial.
Medical oncologist. She divulges about medicine in a friendly and simple way. Her work is based on Integrative Oncology, incorporating other specialties in order to offer a more complete care.
Graduate in Nursing with a Master's degree in Health Sciences Research. Currently working as Clinical Research Coordinator in Phase I clinical trials. Specialiced in Onco-hematology. Collaborator in the project (Dis)coordinating a Clinical Trial.
Graduate in Pharmacy and Master's Degree in Clinical Trial Coordination. Currently working as Clinical Research Coordinator specialising in Clinical Trials in Onco-hematology, Haemophilia and rare diseases. Collaborator and design coordinator in the project (Dis)coordinating a Clinical Trial.